Phylogenetic analysis of Dengue-2 serotypes circulating in mangroves in Northern Cordoba, Colombia
Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract INTRODUCTION: In this study, we aimed to identify DENV-2 subtypes in Aedes aegypti pools collected between 2011 and 2017 in a rural area of Northern Cordoba, Colombia (“La Balsa”). METHODS: RT-PCR was performed to analyze the capsid/pre-membrane region (C-PrM). Sequencing and phylogenetic bayesian inference using reference DENV-2 sequences were performed. RESULTS: Twelve pools that tested positive for DENV-2 were characterized based on the C-PrM region and grouped under the Asian/American clade. CONCLUSIONS: This study is the first to report the DENV-2 Asian-American subtype in a rural area of Cordoba region, which is associated with severe dengue and local epidemics.
- Outbreak of Rocky Mountain spotted fever in Córdoba, Colombia
- Identification of hepatitis C virus subtype 2c by sequencing analysis in patients from Córdoba, Argentina
- Immunological and Biophysical Separation of Dengue-2 Antigens
- Distribution of dengue-2 antigens by electron immunocytochemistry.
- Dengue-2 Vaccine: Viremia and Immune Responses in Rhesus Monkeys