Photoluminescence of Solvent-Selected Fluorescent Moieties in MEH-PPV Solutions and Films
Ribeiro, Antonio C. C., Camargo, Henrique S., Pereira, Douglas H., Custódio, Rogério, Martins, Tatiana D.
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
In this work, we examined how photoluminescence in poly[2-methoxy-5-(2-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene] (MEH-PPV) is affected by morphology, dictated by the mode of preparation. For that, MEH-PPV dilute solutions in good and non-solvents, thick cast films with poly[methylmethacrylate] (PMMA) as inert matrix and spin-coated thin films were prepared. These systems were studied by steady-state and time-dependent fluorescence spectroscopy and electronic microscopy. Unexpected photoluminescent behavior was detected in solutions and films and it was related to different excitons modulated by MEH-PPV conformation. By semi empirical calculations we obtained the singlet and triplet state energies of an MEH-PPV model system and, from time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy, the existence of short-lived excited states was revealed, enabling us to infer on possible singlet fission in MEH-PPV-based systems.
- Estudo de soluções de MEH-PPV em dosimetria de radiação gama
- Solvent and molecular weight effects on fluorescence emission of MEH-PPV
- Espectroscopia ultrarrápida do polímero semicondutor luminescente MEH-PPV com excitação no ultravioleta
- Electroluminescence and morphology polymeric blends : ionic copolymer SAA and blends with MEH-PPV
- EFEITOS DA TEMPERATURA NOS ESPECTROS RAMAN DOS POLÍMEROS CONDUTORES PEDOT E MEH-PPV