Performance estimation for concretes made with recycled aggregates of construction and demolition waste of some Brazilian cities
Cabral, Antonio Eduardo Bezerra, Schalch, Valdir, Molin, Denise Carpena Coitinho Dal, Ribeiro, José Luis Duarte
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The aim of this paper is to verify the influence of composition variability of recycled aggregates (RA) of construction and demolition wastes (CDW) on the performance of concretes. Performance was evaluated building mathematical models for compressive strength, modulus of elasticity and drying shrinkage. To obtain such models, an experimental program comprising 50 concrete mixtures was carried out. Specimens were casted, tested and results for compressive strength, modulus of elasticity and drying shrinkage were statistically analyzed. Models inputs are CDW composition observed at seven Brazilian cities. Results confirm that using RA from CDW for concrete building is quite feasible, independently of its composition, once compressive strength and modulus of elasticity still reached considerable values. We concluded the variability presented by recycled aggregates of CDW does not compromise their use for concrete building. However, this information must be used with caution, and experimental tests should always be performed to certify concrete properties.
- Thermal resistance and conductivity of recycled construction and demolition waste (RCDW) concrete blocks
- Variabilidade de agregados graúdos de resíduos de construção e demolição reciclados.
- Caracterização de agregados de resíduos de construção e demolição reciclados e a influência de suas características no comportamento de concretos.
- Construction and demolition waste in concrete: property of pre-molded parts for paving
- Verificação dos parâmetros de controle de agregados reciclados de resíduos de construção e demolição para utilização em concreto