OXIDATIVE-REFORMING OF METHANE AND PARTIAL OXIDATION OF METHANE REACTIONS OVER NiO/PrO2/ZrO2 CATALYSTS: EFFECT OF NICKEL CONTENT
Asencios, Y. J. O., Marcos, F. C. F., Assaf, J. M., Assaf, E. M.
Braz. J. Chem. Eng.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract In this work the behavior of NiO-PrO2-ZrO2 catalysts containing various nickel loadings was evaluated in the partial oxidation of methane and oxidative-reforming reactions of methane. The catalysts were characterized by X-Ray Diffraction Analysis (in situ-XRD), Temperature Programmed Reduction (H2-TPR), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM/EDX) and Adsorption-Desorption of nitrogen (BET area). The reactions were carried out at 750 °C and 1 atm for 5 hours. The catalysts were studied with different nickel content: 0, 5, 10 and 15% (related to total weight of catalyst, wt%). In both reactions, the catalyst containing the mixture of the three oxides (NiO/PrO2/ZrO2) with 15% nickel (15NiPrZr catalyst) showed the best activity for the conversion of the reactants into Syngas and showed high selectivity for H2 and CO. The results suggest that the promoter PrO2 and the Niº centers are in a good proportion in the catalyst with 15% Ni. Our results showed that low nickel concentrations in the catalyst led to high metallic dispersion; however, very low nickel concentrations did not favor the methane transformation into Syngas. The catalyst containing only NiO/ZrO2 in the mixture was not sufficient for the catalysis. The presence of the promoter PrO2 was very important for the catalysis of the POM.
- Study of nickel catalysts supported on modified ZrO2 applied in reforming reactions
- Methanol steam reforming over Cu/CeO2 catalysts: influence of zinc addition
- Partial oxidation of methane to syngas on Rh/Al2O3 and Rh/Ce-ZrO2 catalysts
- SYNGAS PRODUCTION FROM CO2-REFORMING OF CH4 OVER SOL-GEL SYNTHESIZED Ni-Co/Al2O3-MgO-ZrO2 NANOCATALYST: EFFECT OF ZrO2 PRECURSOR ON CATALYST PROPERTIES AND PERFORMANCE
- Desenvolvimento e caracterização de catalisadores de níquel suportados em matrizes CeO2-ZrO2-Al2O3, CeO2-La2O3-Al2O3 e ZrO2-La2O3-Al2O3 avaliados para as reações de reforma do metano