On the infrared behavior of Green's functions in Yang-Mills theory
Maas, Axel, Cucchieri, Attilio, Mendes, Tereza
Brazilian Journal of Physics
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Non-perturbative properties of QCD, such as color confinement, are encoded in the infrared behavior of correlation functions, e.g. propagators and vertices. Various analytic predictions have been suggested for these quantities in various gauges. Here we numerically test these predictions using lattice gauge theory. In particular, we present results for the 2- and 3-point functions for SU(2) Landau-gauge Yang-Mills theory in three and in four dimensions. Special attention is paid to systematic finite-volume effects. The gluon and ghost propagators are also evaluated in the so-called interpolating gauge (between the Landau and the Coulomb gauge), in order to study their gauge-dependence. Finally, we consider these propagators in Landau gauge at finite temperature, with the aim of understanding the effect of the deconfinement phase transition on their infrared behavior. All our results are compatible with the so-called Gribov-Zwanziger confinement scenario.
- The infrared behavior of the gluon and ghost propagators in SU(2) Yang-Mills theory in the maximal abelian gauge
- Aspectos não perturbativos das teorias de Yang-Mills.
- Elliptic Yang–Mills equation
- Remarks on the dynamical mass generation in confining Yang-Mills theories
- General properties of the Yang-Mills equations in physical space