Numerical study on mixed convection in a horizontal flow past a square porous cavity using UNIFAES scheme
Llagostera, Jorge, Figueiredo, José R.
Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Mixed convection on the flow past a heated length and past a porous cavity located in a horizontal wall bounding a saturated porous medium is numerically simulated. The cavity is heated from below. The steady-state regime is studied for several intensities of the buoyancy effects due to temperature variations. The influences of Péclet and Rayleigh numbers on the flow pattern and the temperature distributions are examined. Local and global Nusselt numbers are reported for the heated surface. The convective-diffusive fluxes at the volume boundaries are represented using the UNIFAES, Unified Finite Approach Exponential-type Scheme, with the Power-Law approximation to reduce the computing time. The conditions established by Rivas for the quadratic order of accuracy of the central differencing to be maintained in irregular grids are shown to be extensible to other quadratic schemes, including UNIFAES, so that accuracy estimates could be obtained.
- The lid-driven square cavity flow: numerical solution with a 1024 x 1024 grid
- Mixed convection flow by a porous sheet with variable thermal conductivity and convective boundary condition
- Integral transform solution of natural convection in a square cavity with volumetric heat generation
- Turbulent natural convection in porous enclosures.
- Second law analysis for free convection in non-newtonian fluids over a horizontal plate embedded in a porous medium: (prescribed heat flux)