Numerical study of Petrov-Galerkin formulations for the shallow water wave equations
Carbonel H., Carlos A. A., Galeão, Augusto Cesar, Loula, Abimael Dourado
Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The behavior of Petrov-Galerkin formulations for shallow water wave equations is evaluated numerically considering typical one-dimensional propagation problems. The formulations considered here use stabilizing operators to improve classical Galerkin approaches. Their advantages and disadvantages are pointed out according to the intrinsic time scale (free parameter) which has a particular importance in this kind of problem. The influence of the Courant number and the performance of the formulation in dealing with spurious oscillations are adressed.
- Numerical simulation of flows: an implementation with the Petrov-Galerkin method.
- Aproximação de Petrov-Galerkin para o escoamento de sangue em anastomoses sistêmico-pulmonares do tipo Blalock-Taussig modificada
- Wavelet Galerkin method for solving singular integral equations
- Numerical study of wedge supported oblique shock wave-oblique detonation wave transitions
- Nonlinear Vibration Analysis of Euler-Bernoulli Beams by Using Continuous Galerkin-Petrov Time-Discretization Method