Nonlinear Vibrations of Cantilever Timoshenko Beams: A Homotopy Analysis
Shahlaei-Far, Shahram, Nabarrete, Airton, Balthazar, José Manoel
Lat. Am. j. solids struct.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract This study analyzes the fourth-order nonlinear free vibration of a Timoshenko beam. We discretize the governing differential equation by Galerkin's procedure and then apply the homotopy analysis method (HAM) to the obtained ordinary differential equation of the generalized coordinate. We derive novel analytical solutions for the nonlinear natural frequency and displacement to investigate the effects of rotary inertia, shear deformation, pre-tensile loads and slenderness ratios on the beam. In comparison to results achieved by perturbation techniques, this study demonstrates that a first-order approximation of HAM leads to highly accurate solutions, valid for a wide range of amplitude vibrations, of a high-order strongly nonlinear problem.
- Dynamics of rotating non-linear thin-walled composite beams: analysis of modeling uncertainties
- Free Vibration Analysis of Multiple Cracked Functionally Graded Timoshenko Beams
- Mode Shape Analysis of Multiple Cracked Functionally Graded Timoshenko Beams
- Local Web Buckling in Tapered Composite Beams: A Parametric Study
- APPLICATION OF OPTICAL METHOD IN MEASURING MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS IN A CANTILEVER BEAM