Multivariate Optimization of Extraction Variables of PAH in Particulate Matter (PM10) in Indoor/Outdoor Air at Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil
Ferreira, Rodrigo S.; Nunes, Camila R. O.; Souza, Murilo O.; Canela, Maria Cristina
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) are products of incomplete combustion of biomass and fossil fuels, that are produced on a larger scale by anthropogenic sources. Burning sugarcane plantations can be a source of atmospheric PAH in regions where this culture predominates. Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil, is surrounded by sugarcane crops that still use fire as a facilitating method for the harvesting process. This study aims to evaluate the presence of outdoor and indoor PAH in 10 µm particulate matter (PM10) at one university in Campos dos Goytacazes. PM10 samples were collected from January to November 2018. Samples were extracted using an ultrasonic probe and analyzed by gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The ideal extraction conditions (3 min; 150 W; 50 mL) were defined by 23 full factorial design. The analysis showed a significant PM10 level increase (23.19 to 34.50 µg m-3 in outdoor, and 15.15 to 31.66 µg m-3 in indoor samples) and higher total PAH concentration in the harvesting season (outdoor: 0.73 ng m-3; indoor 0.52 ng m-3) than in non-harvesting season (outdoor: 0.49 ng m-3; indoor: 0.28 ng m-3), however, average PAH values found in outdoor samples in harvesting season did not show significant difference from non-harvesting season.
- Free radical activity and pro-inflammatory effects of particulate air pollution (PM10) in vivo and in vitro.
- Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons in tropical recent sediments of Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil
- A preliminary investigation of the polar lipids in recent tropical sediments from aquatic environments at Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil
- PENTECOSTALIZAÇÃO ASSENTADA NO ASSENTAMENTO ZUMBI DOS PALMARES, CAMPOS DOS GOYTACAZES, RJ
- Determinação da demanda hídrica do quiabeiro em Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ