Monoclonal antibodies to the enterotoxin of Bacteroides fragilis: production, characterization, and immunodiagnostic application.
A monoclonal antibody, ICT11, specific for the toxin of enterotoxigenic Bacteroides fragilis (ETBF) neutralized the cytotoxic effect of the toxin on human colonic cell line HT-29/C1. In an evaluation using 115 diarrheal stool specimens and culture as the "gold standard," the assay showed a sensitivity of 85% and a specificity of 100%. An ICT11-based sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay showed a sensitivity of 100% and a specificity of 98% for direct detection of toxin from stool samples compared with those of culture. Thus, ICT11-based assays will be useful for screening for ETBF.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=170417
- Production, characterization, and application of monoclonal antibodies to Vibrio cholerae O139 synonym Bengal.
- Production, characterization, and application of monoclonal antibodies which distinguish three glucosyltransferases from Streptococcus mutans.
- Production, characterization, and protective effect of monoclonal antibodies to Clostridium chauvoei flagella.
- Production, characterization, and species specificity of five monoclonal antibodies to Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Production, characterization, and species specificity of monoclonal antibodies to Mycobacterium avium complex protein antigens.