Mini-incubators improve the adventitious rooting performance of Corymbia and Eucalyptus microcuttings according to the environment in which they are conditioned
BRONDANI, GILVANO E., OLIVEIRA, LEANDRO S. DE, KONZEN, ENÉAS R., SILVA, ANDRÉ L.L. DA, COSTA, JEFFERSON L.
An. Acad. Bras. Ciênc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT We addressed a major challenge in the in vitro clonal propagation of Corymbia citriodora, Eucalyptus urophylla and E. benthamii by using an ex vitro adventitious rooting strategy in a mini-incubator. Mini-incubators were placed in four environments for rooting. A shade house with no fogging system and a greenhouse with no ventilation but with a fogging environment had the best performance in terms of rooting, root growth and survival of microcuttings. Daily recording of the temperature within each mini-incubator in each environment allowed the verification of negative correlations between the maximum average temperature and the survival, adventitious rooting and root growth. The ideal maximum air temperature for the efficient production of clonal plants was 28.4°C (± 5.5°C), and the minimum was 20.3°C (± 6.2°C). E. benthamii was more sensitive to higher temperatures than C. citriodora and E. urophylla. Nevertheless, placing mini-incubators in the shade house with no fogging system resulted in a stable and uniform performance among the three species, with 100.0% survival and 81.4% rooting. Histological sections of the adventitious roots revealed connection with the stem vascular cambium. Therefore, our experimental system demonstrated the potential of mini-incubators coupled with the proper environment to optimize the adventitious rooting performance of microcuttings.
- Micropropagação em biorreatores de imersão temporária e enraizamento de miniestacas e microestacas de clones híbridos de Eucalyptus globulus
- Nitric Oxide and Cyclic GMP Are Messengers in the Indole Acetic Acid-Induced Adventitious Rooting Process1
- Auxin and Light Control of Adventitious Rooting in Arabidopsis Require ARGONAUTE1W⃞
- Differential Gene Expression in Response to Auxin Treatment in the Wild Type and rac, an Adventitious Rooting-Incompetent Mutant of Tobacco.
- Micropropagation and rooting of mini-cuttings of hybrid clones of Eucalyptus globulus