Mathematical models to predict growth, fillet traits, and composition of wild traíra, Hoplias malabaricus
Furuya, Valéria Rossetto Barriviera
R. Bras. Zootec.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT This study aimed to determine the length-weight relationship and mathematical models to predict dressed and fillet weight and yield and fillet composition of wild traíra, Hoplias malabaricus (Bloch, 1794). A total of 80 marketable-sized fish from 292.28 to 2879.57 g and 32.06 to 61.19 cm were used. The length:weight ratio was estimated using the equation: W = a × L b, in which W is body weight (g) and L is length (cm). The models of dressed and fillet weight and yield and body were elaborated using first-order ( y ^ i = β 0 + β 1 x i ) or second-order ( y ^ i = β 0 + β 1 x i + β 1 x i 2 ) linear regression analyses. The value of slope b in the length:weight ratio was 3.3732 and intercept was 0.0029. The prediction equations obtained for dressed weight, fillet weight, dressed yield, fillet yield, fillet gross energy, moisture, crude protein, crude lipid, and ash were, respectively: y ^ = 0.3244 + 0.9373 W, y ^ = 0.7651 + 0.4181 W, y ^ = 939.8015 + 0.0019 W, y ^ = 420.55170 + 0.0064 W, y ^ = 997.9600 + 0.0630 W, y ^ = 810.6500 − 0.0085 W, y ^ = 184.080 − 0.0111 W, y ^ = 3.1131 + 0.0049 W, and y ^ = 10.6110 + 0.0009 W, in which W is the body weight of fish (g). We demonstrated the possibility of elaborating realistic expressions to describe degutted weight, fillet weight, and fillet composition. However, lower mathematical adjustment was observed to estimate realistic prediction of dressed and fillet yield.
- Respostas ao estresse osmótico e hipóxico em traíra, Hoplias malabaricus (Teleostei, Erythrinedae) aspectos fisiológicos e adaptativos.
- Alterações na morfologia do trato digestório da traíra, Hoplias malabaricus (Teleostei, Erythrinidae), durante jejum prolongado e realimentação
- Effects of food deprivation in muscle structure and composition of traíra (Hoplias malabaricus): potential implications on flesh quality
- Avaliação morfométrica da espermatogênese da traíra Hoplias malabaricus (Bloch) (Characiformes, Erythrinidae)
- Aspectos parasitológicos da traíra (Hoplias malabaricus ) proveniente da cidade de São Bento, MA