Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) blends based on Poly(3-Hydroxi-Butyrate) (PHB) and Guar Gum (GG) biodegradable polymers
Rocha, Marisa Cristina Guimarães, Moraes, Lorena Rodrigues da Costa
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
LDPE blends based on PHB and GG biodegradable polymers were prepared by melt mixing in a twin screw extruder. The mechanical properties of the materials were evaluated. Preliminary information about the biodegradation behavior of the specimens was obtained by visual observation of samples removed from the simulated soil in 90 days. The results indicated that LDPE/PHB blends may be used for designing LDPE based materials with increased susceptibility to degradation, if elongation at break and impact properties are not determinant factors of their performance. LDPE based materials on GG present values of flexural and mechanical strength lower than those of LDPE/PHB blends. LDPE/PHB/GG blends exhibit unsatisfactory properties. Apparently, the effect of addition of GG to LDPE on the biodegradation behavior of LDPE/GG blends was less intense than the effect caused by addition of PHB to the blends. Similar observation has occurred with the partial replacement of GG by PHB in the ternary blends.
- Caracterização vibracional e térmica de blendas de LDPE e m-LLDPE
- Biodegradation of films of low density polyethylene (LDPE), poly(hydroxibutyrate-co-valerate) (PHBV), and LDPE/PHBV (70/30) blend with Paecilomyces variotii
- Radiolytic stabilization of the biodegradable polymer poly (Hydroxybutyrate) (PHB)
- Correlation between Onset Oxidation Temperature (OOT) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) for monitoring the restabilization of Recycled Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Estudos das propriedades mecânicas e térmicas do polímero biodegradável poli-3-hidroxibutirato (PHB) e de compósitos PHB/pó de madeira.