Life Span of Carbamylated Red Cells in Sickle Cell Anemia
Milner, Paul F.
By using three isotopes of diisopropyl-phosphofluoridate ([3H]-, [14C]-, and [32P]DFP) simultaneously, the life span of red cells from 20 patients with sickle cell anemia (Hb SS) has been studied after varying degrees of carbamylation in vitro with cyanate (NCO) and carbamyl phosphate (CP). The results are expressed in terms of the red cell mean life span (MLS).
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=302592
- POTASSIUM AND SODIUM OF RED BLOOD CELLS IN SICKLE CELL ANEMIA 1
- Evidence for a direct reticulocyte origin of dense red cells in sickle cell anemia.
- Red cell life span after splenectomy in hereditary spherocytosis
- The Effects of Cyanate In Vitro on Red Blood Cell Metabolism and Function in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Red cell membrane remodeling in sickle cell anemia. Sequestration of membrane lipids and proteins in Heinz bodies.