Life cycle analysis of HCNG light-duty vehicle demonstration project
Matéria (Rio J.)
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT The demonstration is an effective initiative to bridge the gap between a premature technology and its large-scale commercialization. A systematic method of LCA was used to perform the well-to-wheel analysis of a CNG light-duty truck operated with 0%, 15%, and 30% blends of hydrogen with compressed natural gas fuel under the system boundary of “per vehicle km”. The GREET simulation was performed on GREET_1 (Excel Series_2017) to evaluate hydrogen production pathways with numerous parametric assumptions adopted to base the study in the context of China. Resource use, fossil energy use, GHG emission, and major air pollutants namely NOx and PM were studied. The idea was to demonstrate the effects of hydrogen addition throughout the entire fuel cycle of end-use of HCNG in an HCNG® LDV. The hydrogen blend of 30% with conventional CNG decreased the well-to-wheel GHG emission compared with 0%HCNG by 32.982%, 29.275%, and 9.694% with hydrogen pathways such as solar, biomass, and coke oven gas, respectively. Moreover, for 30%HCNG (Conv.NG), the well-to-wheel total energy consumption was increased by 15.176%, and 15.719% for solar and biomass-based pathways, respectively. However, although the energy consumption was increased for solar and biomass-based 15%HCNG and 30%HCNG pathways compared with 0%HCNG, the feedstock used was renewable and qualitatively cleaner. The worst scenario was found in the form of 30%HCNG (Conv.NG) with grid electrolysis pathway which showed 60.648% increment in WTW GHG and 75.479% increment in WTW total energy compared with baseline 0%HCNG (Conv.NG). The booming renewable electricity generation and availability of a tremendous amount of coke oven gas as by-products from coking industries in China can establish a prospective platform for sustainable hydrogen economy in China and is supposed to promote the commercialization of HCNG vehicles in future.
- Gas-Phase Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in the Parking Lot Impacted by Light-Duty Vehicles Burning Gasoline and Ethanol Blends
- Analysis of the Life Cycle of Mycoplasma gallisepticum1
- Method for considering life cycle thinking and watershed vulnerability analysis in the environmental performance evaluation of agro-industrial innovations (Ambitec-Life Cycle).
- Syphilis intervention in pregnancy: Zambian demonstration project.
- Global analysis of transcript and protein levels across the Plasmodium falciparum life cycle