Lexical-Semantic Integration by Good And Poor Reading Comprehenders
Sousa, Lucilene Bender de; Hubner, Lilian Cristine; Silva, Roselaine Berenice Ferreira da
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract: In this paper1, we investigate the level of vocabulary knowledge and the lexical-integration ability of good and poor comprehenders at the 8th grade of Elementary School. The participants were assessed in the following tasks: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, decoding, vocabulary, lexical-semantic integration and incongruence detection. The performance comparison revealed that good comprehenders performed significantly better than poor comprehenders in the measures of vocabulary and integration. The difference in the accuracy of the integration tasks remained significant after controlling for word knowledge. The results suggest that good and poor comprehenders differentiate not only in lexical semantic knowledge but also in lexical-semantic processing.
- Aspectos semântico-lexicais da lingua Portuguesa falada por universitários de Maputo - Moçambique
- O envelhecimento influencia as habilidades pragmáticas, léxico-semânticas e prosódicas do hemisfério direito?
- Investigação dialetológica no distrito Nossa Senhora da Guia: análise semântico-lexical de bamburro, tacuru e bateia
- Atlas semântico-lexical do estado de Goiás
- Patterns of cerebral activation during lexical and phonological reading in Portuguese