LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING: NARRATIVE AND IDENTITY BUILDING IN THE SPEECH OF A TOURIST GUIDE / QUERO DIZER PRA VOCÊS: NARRATIVA E CONSTRUÇÃO DE IDENTIDADE NA FALA DE UM GUIA TURÍSTICO
TATIANA FERREIRA SA ANTUNES
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Adopting a sociointeractional approach to discourse analysis, this dissertation aims to study the construction of identity in the narratives of a tourist guide of a fort, in the state of Paraíba. In addition, the present work investigates how the identity constructed affiliates to the cultural identity of Paraíba. The narratives were collected during a guide tour in the fort, and a subsequent research interview. The basis for analysis is the notion that narratives situate us in a social and cultural context, showing how we belong to certain social groups, and positioning ourselves before other interactants (Bastos, in the press). The construction of identity is examined through the consideration of the positionings (Davies and Harré, 1980) taken by the guide, and the relations established between the narrator and the characters, and between the characters themselves (Linde, 1993). The identity emerging in the spontaneous narratives is from a powerless guy, although he may seem integrated to a powerful group of teachers at Paraíba. In the elicited narratives, the identity of champion is not enough to avoid migration to Rio de Janeiro, in search of social inclusion in Southeast. The migration ratifies the guide`s affiliation to a stereotyped cultural identity of Paraíba, traditionally defined by poverty and undevelopment, in contrast to power and modernity of Rio de Janeiro (Albuquerque Jr., 2001).
- Construção da identidade pessoal e do conhecimento: a narrativa no ensino de matemática
- TRABALHO, TECNOLOGIA E CONSTRUÇÃO DE IDENTIDADE NA FALA DE OPERADORES DE UMA CENTRAL DE ATENDIMENTO TELEFÔNICO
- NARRATIVE AND IDENTITY: A PORTUGUESE IMMIGRANT IN BRAZIL.
- SUBJETIVIDADE E IDENTIDADE PROFISSIONAL: UM ESTUDO DO EU NA FALA DE ATENDENTES DE CENTRAIS DE ATENDIMENTO TELEFÔNICO
- O guia de turismo em Pirenópolis (GO): a construção de uma identidade