Karyotypes of Brazilian non-volant small mammals (Didelphidae and Rodentia): An online tool for accessing the chromosomal diversity
Paresque, Roberta, Rodrigues, Jocilene da Silva, Righetti, Kelli Beltrame
Genet. Mol. Biol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract We have created a database system named CIPEMAB (CItogenética dos PEquenos MAmíferos Brasileiros) to assemble images of the chromosomes of Brazilian small mammals (Rodents and Marsupials). It includes karyotype information, such as diploid number, karyotype features, idiograms, and sexual chromosomes characteristics. CIPEMAB facilitates quick sharing of information on chromosome research among cytogeneticists as well as researchers in other fields. The database contains more than 300 microscopic images, including karyotypic images obtained from 182 species of small mammals from the literature. Researchers can browse the contents of the database online (http://www.citogenetica.ufes.br). The system enables users to locate images of interest by taxa, and to display the document with detailed information on species names, authors, year of the species publication, and karyotypes pictures in different colorations. CIPEMAB has a wide range of applications, such as comparing various karyotypes of Brazilian species and identifying manuscripts of interest.
- Patterns of arboreal and terrestrial space use by non-volant small mammals in an Araucaria forest of southern Brazil
- Non-volant tetrapods from Reserva Biológica de Duas Bocas, State of Espírito Santo, Southeastern Brazil
- Diversidade, diferenciação e biogeografia de pequenos mamíferos não-voadores na Mata Atlântica ao norte do rio São Francisco Centro de Endemismo Pernambuco
- Mamíferos não-voadores do Campus "Luiz de Queiroz", da Universidade de São Paulo, em Piracicaba, Estado de São Paulo.
- PHACCS, an online tool for estimating the structure and diversity of uncultured viral communities using metagenomic information