Investigation of Structural, Morphological, Magnetic Properties and Biomedical applications of Cu2+ Substituted Uncoated Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles
Margabandhu, M., Sendhilnathan, S., Senthilkumar, S., Gajalakshmi, D.
Braz. arch. biol. technol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT In the present work, Cu2+ substituted cobalt ferrite (Co1-xCuxFe2O4, x = 0, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 and 1) magnetic nanopowders were synthesized via chemical co-precipitation method. The prepared powders were investigated by various characterization methods such as X-ray diffraction analysis (XRD), scanning electron microscope analysis (SEM), vibrating sample magnetometer analysis (VSM) and fourier transform infrared spectroscopy analysis (FTIR). The XRD analysis reveals that the synthesized nanopowders possess single phase centred cubic spinel structure. The average crystallite size of the particles ranging from 27-49 nm was calculated by using Debye-scherrer formula. Magnetic properties of the synthesized magnetic nanoparticles are studied by using VSM. The VSM results shows the magnetic properties such as coercivity, magnetic retentivity decreases with increase in copper substitution whereas the saturation magnetization shows increment and decrement in accordance with Cu2+ substitution in cobalt ferrite nanoparticles. SEM analysis reveals the morphology of synthesized magnetic nanoparticles. FTIR spectra of Cu2+ substituted cobalt ferrite magnetic nanoparticles were recorded in the frequency range 4000-400cm-1. The spectrum shows the presence of water adsorption and metal oxygen bonds. The adhesion nature of Cu2+ substituted cobalt ferrite magnetic nanoparticles with bacteria in reviewed results indicates that the synthesized nanoparticles could be used in biotechnology and biomedical applications.
- Investigation on Structural, Surface Morphological and Dielectric Properties of Zn-doped SnO2 Nanoparticles
- Structural, Optical, Morphological and Dielectric Properties of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles
- Nanopartículas magnéticas de cobalto metálico e ferrita de cobalto recobertas com ouro como materiais biocompatíveis visando aplicações em biomedicina
- Magnetic and Electrical Properties of MnxCu1-xFe2O4 Ferrite
- Morphological, structural, microhardness and corrosion characterisations of electrodeposited Ni-Mo and Cr coatings