Integrative Analysis Based on HPLC-DAD-MS/MS and NMR of Bertholletia excelsa Bark Biomass Residues:Determination of Ellagic Acid Derivatives
Silva, Felipe M. A. da
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Bertholletia excelsa Bonpl. (Lecythidaceae) is a South American tree worldwide known for providing the Brazil nuts. In the Amazon Region, B. excelsa is found in monocultures, integrating agroforestries and providing raw materials for food and timber industries. Through the application of an integrative analysis based on high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with diode array detector and tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-DAD-MS/MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) techniques, the present study showed that B. excelsa bark biomass residues contain large quantities of ellagic acid (EA) and its derivatives. Qualitatively, five compounds were characterized for the ﬁrst time in this species. Quantitations were carried out to determine the total amount of these compounds in outer and inner bark tissues. A total of 4.96 and 44.09 g of EA derivatives per kg of dry residues was determined for the outer and inner barks, respectively. Among the EA derivatives, eschweilenol C, ellagic acid and valoneic acid dilactone were the main compounds. These results pointed B. excelsa barks as a valuable biomass residue with potential to be source of health-promoting compounds. Therefore, a potential raw material as source of valuable bioactive phenolic compounds is described herein.
- New Method for Carotenoid Extraction and Analysis by HPLC-DAD-MS/MS in Freeze-Dried Citrus and Mango Pulps
- HPLC-DAD-MS/MS profiling of phenolics from Securigera securidaca flowers and its anti-hyperglycemic and anti-hyperlipidemic activities
- Integrative Approach Based on Leaf Spray Mass Spectrometry, HPLC-DAD-MS/MS, and NMR for Comprehensive Characterization of Isoquinoline-Derived Alkaloids in Leaves of Onychopetalum amazonicum R. E. Fr.
- Integrative Approach Based on Simplex-Centroid Design, ESI-MS and Chemometric Analysis for Comprehensive Characterization of Phenolic Compounds from Endopleura uchi Bark
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the phenolic content of Connarus var. angustifolius, Cecropia obtusa, Cecropia palmata and Mansoa alliacea based on HPLC-DAD and UHPLC-ESI-MS/MS