Instrument of self-perception and knowledge of dental erosion: cross-cultural adaptation to the Brazilian population
SILVA, Sandro Bertazzo, CABRAL, Tanise de Medeiros, PINTO, Tatiana Militz Perrone, DURAND, Letícia Brandão
Braz. oral res.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
There are few instruments available in Brazil for obtaining data on dental erosion among adults. For this reason, the interview entitled “A Survey on Hong Kong People’s Dietary Behavior in Relations to Acid Erosion”, published in English, was considered for translation. The aim of this study was to perform a cross-cultural adaptation and content validation for the Brazilian population. After obtaining the author’s permission, the interview underwent several stages: translation, back translation, review by a bilingual person and a committee of experts, administration of the English instrument and of the Portuguese version to a bilingual group, and pretesting in a convenience sample of 50 adults. The interview was translated and adapted to the Portuguese language and the Brazilian culture. The analysis of the data revealed that the interview was easy to apply, conduct and understand; therefore, it was considered viable and capable of being used in different studies.
- Brazilian cross-cultural adaptation of “Return-to-work self-efficacy” questionnaire
- Translation, cross-cultural adaptation, and validation of the Leuven Knowledge Questionnaire for congenital heart disease instrument into Brazilian Portuguese
- Cross-cultural adaptation of the NoMAD questionnaire to Brazilian Portuguese
- Cross-cultural adaptation of Hypertension Knowledge Test into European Portuguese
- Cross-cultural adaptation of the Preterm Parenting & Self-efficacy Checklist