Insect galls on Bauhinia cupulata (Fabaceae): morphotypes characterization and description of a new species of Schizomyia (Cecidomyiidae, Diptera)
Santos, Débora Santarém da Silva dos
Rev. Bras. entomol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT Galls on Bauhinia cupulata (Fabaceae) were investigated in two physiognomies of the Cerrado, riparian and dry forest, in the municipality of Barreiras (Western Bahia, Brazil) from October 2012 to July 2014. Four insect gall morphotypes were found. They were characterized based on shape, color, indumentum, plant organ of occurrence and galling taxon. A new galling species, Schizomyia barreirensis, is described, illustrated (larva, pupa, male, female and gall) and compared to other Neotropical congeneric species.
- Anatomical and developmental aspects of leaf galls induced by Schizomyia macrocapillata Maia (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) on Bauhiniabrevipes Vogel (Fabaceae)
- Description of the male and larva of Schizomyia tuiuiu Urso-Guimarães & Amorim (Diptera, Cecidomyiidae), new records and a key to Neotropical species of Schizomyia Kieffer
- Nova espécie de Lopesia (Cecidomyiidae, Diptera) associada a Eichhornia azurea (Pontederiaceae) do Brasil
- A new species of Clinodiplosis (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) causing galls on Banisteriopsis membranifolia (Malpighiaceae), an endemic plant in Brazil
- Description of the larva of Houardodiplosis rochae Tavares, 1925 (Diptera, Cecidomyiidae, Clinodiplosini) and new record of pseudoscorpions in galls