Increased power efficiency in mining by using high-fidelity haul truck simulation
Sales, Allysson; Tomi, Giorgio De; Nogueira, Brenda Almeida; Godoy, Paulo Henrique de
REM, Int. Eng. J.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract The current economic and political scenario in Brazil has allowed small, medium and large companies to adopt cost cutdown and productivity increase strategies. Diesel fuel consumption by off-highway haul trucks stands for one of the largest costs at the Sossego Mine operational management department. Based on this fact, as well as on the 8% increase in the budgeted diesel fuel cost for 2017, the mining unit has decided to implement a project, previously implemented at the Capão Xavier mine site, which makes use of a high-fidelity haul truck simulator for operators' qualification, by working on the major factors impacting fuel consumption. The application of the simulator has been observed to be a potential upturn for the identification and correction of major failures and bad habits impacting fuel consumption. The results suggest a significant diesel fuel consumption cutdown, as well as enhanced haul truck operation ability and performance.
- High-fidelity gene targeting in embryonic stem cells by using sequence replacement vectors.
- High-fidelity, infinite time constant calibrated pressure apexcardiogram and its correlation with high-fidelity left ventricular pressure.
- High-fidelity simulation versus case-based discussion for teaching medical students in Brazil about pediatric emergencies
- High-Fidelity Translation of Recombinant Human Hemoglobin in Escherichia coli
- Time relation between apex cardiogram and left ventricular events using simultaneous high-fidelity tracings in man.