Impact evaluation using Difference-in-Differences
RAUSP Manag. J.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Purpose This paper aims to present the Difference-in-Differences (DiD) method in an accessible language to a broad research audience from a variety of management-related fields. Design/methodology/approach The paper describes the DiD method, starting with an intuitive explanation, goes through the main assumptions and the regression specification and covers the use of several robustness methods. Recurrent examples from the literature are used to illustrate the different concepts. Findings By providing an overview of the method, the authors cover the main issues involved when conducting DiD studies, including the fundamentals as well as some recent developments. Originality/value The paper can hopefully be of value to a broad range of management scholars interested in applying impact evaluation methods.
- Identifying differences in mRNA expression by representational difference analysis of cDNA.
- Free Trade Zone of Manaus: An Impact Evaluation using the Synthetic Control Method
- Advancing impact evaluation in applied limnology
- Representational difference analysis using minute quantities of DNA.
- Use of Representational Difference Analysis To Identify Genomic Differences between Pathogenic Strains of Vibrio cholerae