Identification of sources of seedling resistance to Phytophthora capsici in Cucumis melo
Pontes, Nadson de C., Aguiar, Frederick M., Boiteux, Leonardo S., Lima, Milton L.P., Oliveira, Valter R., Café Filho, Adalberto C., Reis, Ailton
Trop. plant pathol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The employment of genetic resistance to minimize yield losses induced by Phytophthora capsici remains unexplored in melon (Cucumis melo). A diverse collection of melon accessions was evaluated against P. capsici isolates at the seedling stage. In the first screening assay, 105 accessions were evaluated using isolate PCpe-04 obtained from cucumber (Cucumis sativus). In a second assay, 31 accessions displaying high levels of resistance in the first assay were challenged with a distinct isolate (PCpe-09 also from cucumber). In a third assay, a subset of 14 selected accessions was re-evaluated using isolates PCpe-09 and PCmo-07 (from strawberry). In the last screening, seven accessions with high levels of resistance across all assays were challenged with five isolates from representative host species [PC-Vagem (snap bean), PCp-129 (Capsicum chinense), PCp-155 (C. annuum), PCpe-09 and PCmo-07] to assess their reaction against a varied sample of P. capsici isolates. For two accessions (CNPH-093 and L040), all plants remained free of symptoms after inoculation with all five isolates. Accessions WMR-29, CNPH 084, CNPH 088 and CNPH 092 were also free of symptoms to all isolates, except PCmo-07. These large-spectrum resistance sources might be useful for breeding programs aiming to incorporate resistance against P. capsici in elite melon lines.
- Identificação de marcadores moleculares ligados a gene de resistência ao vírus do mosaico (PRSV-W) em melão (Cucumis melo L.).
- Mapeamento de genes de resistência a três raças de Podosphaera xanthii em meloeiro (Cucumis melo L.)
- Genetic transformation of the plant pathogens Phytophthora capsici and Phytophthora parasitica.
- An AFLP marker linked to the Pm-1 gene that confers resistance to Podosphaera xanthii race 1 in Cucumis melo
- Reaction of advanced inbred lines of Habanero pepper to Ralstonia pseudosolanacearum and Phytophthora capsici