Health status of elderly persons of Antioquia, Colombia
Arango, Doris Cardona, Cardona, Angela Segura, Duque, María Garzón, Cardona, Alejandra Segura, Sierra, Sara María Cano
Rev. bras. geriatr. gerontol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Objective The health needs of older adults constitute challenges for health monitoring and care, resulting in increased costs. The present study therefore sought to analyze the health status of the elderly to enable targeting and intervention, in the pursuit of healthy aging for all. Method A quantitative observational cross-sectional study using a primary source was performed in 2012. A total of 4,248 adults aged over 60 years of age residing in the nine regions of Antioquia, Colombia, and the capital city were surveyed. Univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis was performed of statistical and epidemiological measures, based on confidence intervals and statistical tests under 5%. Results One in four individuals had a risk of depression, one in three were at risk of anxiety, eight out of ten had cognitive impairment, mainly mild, and the same proportion were at nutritional risk. The elderly persons suffered from all types of abuse, notably psychological. Conclusions Thehealth status ofelderly personsis more affectedbymental than physical healthrisks, indicatingthatpublic policy anda better distribution ofresourcesshould be aimed at seeking animprovement in qualityof life anddignified aging, differentiated byregion.
- Estudos etiológicos da murcha-do-abacateiro em Antioquia, Colômbia
- Relationship between maternal hemoglobin and birthweight in Antioquia, Colombia
- Risco de comprometimento cognitivo em pessoas idosas nas sub-regiões de Antioquia, Colômbia
- Determinantes próximos de la fecundidad: comportamiento reproductivo de las indígenas Chamibida de Antioquia, Colombia
- Consumo percebido e uso das drogas lícitas e ilícitas em estudantes universitários, Antioquia, Medellín, Colômbia