Guidelines of the Brazilian Dermatology Society for diagnosis, treatment and follow up of primary cutaneous melanoma - Part I
Castro, Luiz Guilherme Martins, Messina, Maria Cristina, Loureiro, Walter, Macarenco, Ricardo Silvestre, Duprat Neto, João Pedreira, Giacomo, Thais Helena Bello Di, Bittencourt, Flávia Vasques, Bakos, Renato Marchiori, Serpa, Sérgio Schrader, Stolf, Hamilton Ometto, Gontijo, Gabriel
An. Bras. Dermatol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract: The last Brazilian guidelines on melanoma were published in 2002. Development in diagnosis and treatment made updating necessary. The coordinators elaborated ten clinical questions, based on PICO system. A Medline search, according to specific MeSH terms for each of the 10 questions was performed and articles selected were classified from A to D according to level of scientific evidence. Based on the results, recommendations were defined and classified according to scientific strength. The present Guidelines were divided in two parts for editorial and publication reasons. In the first part, the following clinical questions were answered: 1) The use of dermoscopy for diagnosis of primary cutaneous melanoma brings benefits for patients when compared with clinical examination? 2) Does dermoscopy favor diagnosis of nail apparatus melanoma? 3) Is there a prognostic difference when incisional or excisional biopsies are used? 4) Does revision by a pathologist trained in melanoma contribute to diagnosis and treatment of primary cutaneous melanoma? What margins should be used to treat lentigo maligna melanoma and melanoma in situ?
- Brazilian guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of primary cutaneous melanoma - Part II
- Cutaneous tuberculosis: diagnosis, histopathology and treatment - Part II
- Primary and secondary syphilis, 20 years' experience. 3: Diagnosis, treatment, and follow up.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines for plaque psoriasis - Brazilian Society of Dermatology
- Pediatrics: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Follow-up of Newborns Addicted to Cocaine