Glucose Catabolism of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae
Robertson, D. C.
The pathways of glucose catabolism in Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae have been identified by the radiorespirometric technique. The radiorespirometric data showed that 96% of the glucose catabolism was via the Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas pathway with the remaining 4% dissimilated by the hexose monophosphate pathway. The products of the anaerobic dissimilation of glucose were determined. Lactic acid was the major product; ethyl alcohol, acetic acid, formic acid, and carbon dioxide were formed in smaller amounts.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=315142
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
- FERMENTATION REACTIONS OF ERYSIPELOTHRIX RHUSIOPATHIAE
- The Fermentation Reactions of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae
- Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae: an occupational pathogen.
- Analysis of Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae and Erysipelothrix tonsillarum by multilocus enzyme electrophoresis.