Genotype-environment interaction and phenotypic stability for girth growth and rubber yield of Hevea clones in São Paulo State, Brazil
Gonçalves, Paulo de Souza, Bortoletto, Nelson, Martins, Antonio Lúcio Mello, Costa, Reginaldo Brito da, Gallo, Paulo Boller
Genetics and Molecular Biology
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The best-yielding, best vigour and most stable Hevea clones are identified by growing clones in different environments. However, research on the stability in Hevea brasiliensis (Willd. Adr. ex Juss.) Muell.-Arg. is scarce. The objectives of this work were to assess genotype-environment interaction and determine stable genotypes. Stability analysis were performed on results for girth growth and rubber yield of seven clones from five comparative trials conducted over 10 years (girth growth) and four years (rubber yield) in São Paulo State, Brazil. Stability was estimated using the Eberhart and Russell (1966) method. Year by location and location variability were the dominant sources of interactions. The stability analysis identified GT 1 and IAN 873 as the most stable clones for girth growth and rubber yield respectively since their regression coefficients were almost the unity (b = 1) and they had one of the lowest deviations from regressions (S2di). Their coefficient of determination (R²) was as high as 89.5% and 89.8% confirming their stability. In contrast, clones such as PB 235, PR 261, and RRIM 701 for girth growth and clones such as GT 1 for rubber yield with regression coefficients greater than one were regarded as sensitive to environment changes.
- Genotype-environment interaction and the number of test sites for the genetic improvement of rubber trees (Hevea) in São Paulo State, Brazil
- Prediction of Hevea progeny performance in the presence of genotype-environment interaction
- Additive-Multiplicative Approximation of Genotype-Environment Interaction
- Phenotypic stability and genetic gains in six-year girth growth of hevea clones.
- Genotype and environment interaction on soybean yield in Mato Grosso State, Brazil.