Free vibration and dynamic response analysis of stiffened parabolic shells using equivalent orthotropic shell parameters
Edalata, Pedram, Khedmati, Mohammad Reza, Soares, C. Guedes
Lat. Am. j. solids struct.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Dynamic response and free vibration analysis of stiffened shells having parabolic curvatures, with applications to ships and other similar structures are the main focus of this study. The energy approach is employed to the determination of equivalent orthotropic shell parameters of parabolic stiffened shells. The unstiffened equivalent shell has proper accuracy in predicting free vibration characteristics as well as dynamic response of the main stiffened shell. Reducing the governing equation difficulties with suitable precision in free vibration and dynamic response analyses is the most advantage of replacement of stiffened shells with their unstiffened equivalences.
- Buckling and free vibration analysis of orthotropic plates by using exponential shear deformation theory
- Large amplitude free vibration of orthotropic shallow shells of complex shapes with variable thickness
- Free vibration of thick orthotropic plates using trigonometric shear deformation theory
- Vibration analysis of stiffened plates using finite element method
- Free vibration analysis of orthtropic thin cylindrical shells with variable thickness by using spline functions