Finite Element Analysis and Crashworthiness Optimization of Foam-filled Double Circular under Oblique Loading
Djamaluddin, Fauzan, Abdullah, Shahrum, Ariffin, Ahmad K., Nopiah, Zulkifli M.
Lat. Am. j. solids struct.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Finite element analysis and optimization design carry out for the quasi static responses of foam-filled double circular tube is presented in this paper. In the investigation of the crashworthiness capability, some aspects were considered for variations in geometry parameters of tubes and the loading condition to investigate the crashworthiness capability. Empty, foam-filled, and full foam-filled doublé tubes of thin walled structures were observed subjected to oblique impact (0˚ - 40˚). The numerical solution was used to determine the crashworthiness parameters. In addition, NSGA II and Radial Basis Function were used to optimize the crashworthiness capability of tubes. In conclution, the crash performaces of foam-filled double tube is better than the other structures in this work. The outcome that expected is the new design information of various kinds of cylindrical tubes for energy absorber application.
- Crashworthiness Performance of Stiffened Foam-filled Tapered Structures under Axial and Oblique Dynamic Loads
- Multi objective optimization of foam-filled circular tubes for quasi-static and dynamic responses
- Review: deformation and optimisation crashworthiness method for foam filled structures
- Finite Element Investigation of Performance of Composite-Steel Double Lap Adhesive Joint Under Tensile Loading
- Crashworthiness Analysis of S-Shaped Structures Under Axial Impact Loading