Fertility Life Table, Population Parameters and Biotic Potential of Helicoverpa gelotopoeon (Dyar) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)
HERRERO, MARÍA I., DAMI, LUCIANA C., FOGLIATA, SOFÍA V., CASMUZ, AUGUSTO S., GÓMEZ, DANIEL R. SOSA, GASTAMINZA, GERARDO A., MURÚA, MARÍA G.
An. Acad. Bras. Ciênc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Helicoverpa gelotopoeon is an endemic pest of South America that affects soybean and other important crops. Life tables are a fundamental tool used to study insect populations, resulting in crucial information for integrated pest management programs. Therefore, the aim of this study was to evaluate the biotic potential and the construction of a life table of this species under laboratory conditions. The biological parameters that showed significant differences between male and female were pupal duration, longevity and life span, which were all longer in duration for males. The net reproductive rate (R0) was 95.49, the mean generation time (T) 37.53, and the instantaneous rate of population increase “r” 0.12. The population doubling time (DT) was 5.70 days, and the daily finite rate of increase (λ) 1.13. The maximum rate of population growth occurred in the day 33. Fecundity had two peaks: at days 35 and 37. Gross and net fecundity rate, and the average number of eggs laid per female per day were 565.87, 496.07, and 18.76 respectively. The biotic potential was 2.026 x 1018 individuals/female/year. The survivorship curve showed that mortality was high during incubation period and first larval instars, then it declined until the death of last adult. These results provide important information to develop management strategies of H. gelotopoeon in South America.
- Biotic potential, fertility and life table ofSpodoptera albula (Walker) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae), under controlled conditions
- Biotic potential and reproductive parameters of Spodoptera dolichos (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in the laboratory
- Biotic potential and reproductive parameters of Spodoptera eridania (Stoll) (Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) in the laboratory
- Primeiro registro de ocorrência de Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) no Brasil
- Desempenho de larvas de Helicoverpa armigera(Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) em diferentes fontes alimentares