Fecundidade e longevidade de Aphis gossypii Glover, 1877 (Hemiptera, Aphididae) em diferentes temperaturas e cultivares comerciais de crisântemo (Dendranthema grandiflora Tzvelev)
Soglia, Maria C. de M., Bueno, Vanda H. Paes., Rodrigues, Sandra M. M., Sampaio, Marcus V.
Revista Brasileira de Entomologia
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Fecundity and longevity of Aphis gossypii Glover, 1877 (Hemiptera, Aphididae) at different temperatures and commercial chrysanthemum cultivars (Dendranthema grandiflora Tzvelev). The aphid A. gossypii is one of the main pests in a number of crops both under field and protected conditions. The objective of the present study was to evaluate the fecundity and longevity of A. gossypii under different temperatures and commercial chrysanthemum cultivars (Yellow Snowdon, White Reagan and Dark Splendid Reagan) with different trichomes densities (11.3; 16.6 and 21.6 trichome/mm² of the leaf, respectively) The trials were carried out in climatic chambers, at four temperatures (15, 20, 25 and 30 ±1 °C), 70 ± 10% RH and photophase 10h. The reproductive period significantly decreased with increase of temperature in the three cultivars. In Yellow Snowdon cultivar average duration of the reproductive period was 14.3 days at 25 °C. The maximum fecundity was obtained at the temperature of 25 ºC with 3,1; 2,8 and 3,6 nymphs/female/day in the Yellow Snowdon, White Reagan and Dark S. Reagan cultivars, respectively. The total fecundity was reduced by extreme temperatures (15 and 30 °C), and was obtained at 25 °C with 35,9 nymphs/female. Females maintained in Yellow Snowdon cultivar significantly showed superiority (30,7 nymphs/female) in total fecundity in relation to White Reagan (22,1 nymphs/female) and Dark S. Reagan (22,9 nymphs/female). The Yellow Snowdon cultivar (with a lower trichome density) had a significant influence in daily and total capacity of nymphs production, showing a higher fecundity of A. gossypii females. The aphid's longevity was affected by cultivars and temperature, and this longevity decreased whit increase of temperature. The results showed that there was an interaction between the temperature and host plant on reproductive parameters of A. gossypii.
- Desenvolvimento e sobrevivência de Aphis gossypii Glover (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em diferentes temperaturas e cultivares comerciais de crisântemo
- Aspectos da biologia de Aphis gossypii Glover, 1877 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em quatro cultivares dealgodoeiro, em laboratório
- Aspectos biológicos de Aphis gossypii Glöver, 1877 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em cultivares de algodoeiro com fibra colorida
- Aspectos biológicos e capacidade predatória de Ceraeochrysa cubana (Hagen, 1861) (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae) alimentada com Aphis gossypii Glover, 1877 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em diferentes temperaturas
- Aspectos biológicos de Aphis gossypii Glover, 1877 (Hemiptera: Aphididae) em três cultivares de algodoeiro e em três espécies de plantas daninhas