Fatores de Risco Cardiovascular em Cardiologistas Certificados pela Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia: Lições a serem Aprendidas
Mesquita, Claudio Tinoco; Ker, Wilter dos Santos
Arq. Bras. Cardiol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Objectives: Although the Children’s Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale (CY-BOCS) includes ancillary symptom dimensions – insight, avoidance, degree of indecisiveness, inflated sense of responsibility, pervasive slowness/disturbance of inertia, and pathological doubting –, we know little about their clinical/scientific utility. We examined these ancillary dimensions in childhood obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and tested their associations with clinical characteristics. Methods: Treatment-seeking children and adolescents (n=173) with a DSM-5 OCD diagnosis were recruited from six centers in India and evaluated with a semi-structured proforma for sociodemographic/clinical details, the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-5, the CY-BOCS, the Children’s Depression Rating Scale, and the Family Interview for Genetic Studies. Regression analysis was used to study the associations between ancillary dimensions (independent variables) and clinical variables (dependent variables). Results: 87.9% of the sample reported at least a mild-moderate severity of ancillary dimensions, which were highly intercorrelated. Multiple ancillary dimensions were correlated with illness severity on the CY-BOCS. On regression analysis, only insight and avoidance retained significance. There were few differential associations between OCD symptom and ancillary dimensions. Conclusion: Ancillary dimensions are more a feature of illness severity than differentially associated with individual symptom dimensions in childhood OCD. Insight and avoidance should be considered for inclusion in the assessment of illness severity in childhood OCD.
- Fatores de Risco Cardiovascular em Cardiologistas Especialistas pela Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia
- I Diretriz de Ressonância e Tomografia Cardiovascular da Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia: sumário executivo
- Diretrizes para Cardiologistas sobre Excesso de Peso e Doença Cardiovascular dos Departamentos de Aterosclerose, Cardiologia Clínica e FUNCOR da Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia
- RUMO A UM PLANO DE DEMÊNCIA BRASILEIRO? LIÇÕES A SEREM APRENDIDAS DA EUROPA
- I diretriz de ressuscitação cardiopulmonar e cuidados cardiovasculares de emergência da Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia: resumo executivo