Fator de crescimento do endotélio vascular na viabilidade do retalho musculofasciocutâneo abdominal transverso do músculo reto do abdome, após abdominoplastia, em ratos / Vascular endothelial growth factor on the transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap viability after abdominoplasty in rats
André Luiz Pires de Freitas
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Introduction: Transverse rectus abdominis musculocutaneous (TRAM) flap may present necrosis, in pacients with risk factors. Abdominoplasty is a risk factor due to disruption and transection of vascular perforators. Perspectives on naked plasmid DNA encoding vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) as gene therapy for angiogenesis and neovascularization of TRAM flap harvesting after abdominoplasty, originated this study. Objective: The objective of this study was to determine the effect of VEGF plasmid DNA in TRAM flaps rat model viability after abdominoplasty. Methods: Thirty-two Wistar rats were distributed into four groups (n=8). The caudal pedicled TRAM flap was harvested in all animals and it was the only procedure in the group I (TRAM). In groups II (Abdominoplasty) and III (Plasmid), an abdominoplasty procedure was performed with intramuscularly injection of saline solution and plasmid DNA without VEGF gene, respectively. In Group IV (VEGF) 100 micrograms of plasmid encoding VEGF, was injected into the rectus muscle. TRAM flaps were harvested thirty days after abdominoplasty. Results: TRAM group, Abdominoplasty group, Plasmid group and VEGF group showed a mean percentage of necrosis of 24.65%, 62.49%, 57.80% and 18,33%, respectively (p=0,001). TRAM flaps immunohistochemical analysis with antibody HHF-35 showed a significant increase in number of vessels in the group IV. Conclusion: The plasmid vector including VEGF after abdominoplasty improved TRAM flap viability and the number of the vessels in rats.
ACESSO AO ARTIGO
- Resistência à tração dos componentes músculo-aponeuróticos na área doadora do retalho musculocutâneo transverso do reto do abdome
- Modelo experimental do retalho musculocutâneo abdominal transverso de músculo reto do abdome
- Analysis of effect isoxsuprine hydrochloride and nicotine in the Transverse Rectus Abdominis Myocutaneous flap (TRAM) in rats
- Complicações em reconstrução de mama com retalho pediculado do músculo reto abdominal transverso
- "Investigações sobre o controle neuromotor do músculo reto do abdome"