Eye injuries in Northern Ireland two years after seat belt legislation.
Johnston, P. B.
Two hundred and forty-six patients with ocular perforation were treated at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, between 1 February 1981 and 31 January 1985. Road traffic accidents were responsible for 63 injuries, all of which affected front seat occupants, and 45 occurred before implementation of the seat belt law on 1 February 1983. Following legislation there was a 60% reduction in ocular injuries, which confirms the protective effect on front seat occupants of wearing a seat belt.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1041042
- A 10-year survey of eye injuries in Northern Ireland, 1967-76.
- The benefit of seat belt legislation in the United Kingdom.
- The seat belt law and after.
- A Study of Two Years' Work in Northern Ireland General Practice
- Facial trauma in the largest city in Latin America, São Paulo, 15 years after the enactment of the compulsory seat belt law