Experimental and Numerical Study of the Unsteady Wake of a Supercritical Airfoil in a Compressible Flow
Boroumand, Behnaz Beheshti, Mani, Mahmoud
J. Aerosp. Technol. Manag.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT Experimental investigations were carried out to study the wake profile of a supercritical airfoil at Mach numbers of 0.4 and 0.6 in a pitching motion. Both static and dynamic tests were conducted in a tri-sonic wind tunnel. Flow field inside the wake was measured by hot wire anemometry at downstream distances of 0.25 and 0.5 times the chord length from trailing edge. All data were taken at mean incidence angle of 3º; the amplitude of oscillation was 3º and the oscillation frequencies were 3 and 6 Hz. Moreover, numerical study was applied for the same airfoil under similar experimental test conditions; finally, wake profiles obtained from both numerical and experimental methods were compared.
- A numerical model for thin airfoils in unsteady compressible arbitrary motion
- Numerical Simulation of the Wake Structure and Thrust/Lift Generation of a Pitching Airfoil at Low Reynolds Number Via an Immersed Boundary Method
- Numerical Simulation of a Pitching Airfoil Under Dynamic Stall of Low Reynolds Number Flow
- Numerical Study of Wake Characteristics in a Horizontal-Axis Hydrokinetic Turbine
- Detailed Numerical Study on the Aerodynamic Behavior of a Gurney Flapped Airfoil in the Ultra-low Reynolds Regime