Evaluation of the stability of thighs and drumsticks boneless chicken under different conditions of industrial storage
SAVIO, Juliana, PAROUL, Natalia, BACKES, Geciane Toniazzo, VALDUGA, Eunice, OLIVEIRA, Débora de, BARBOSA, Juliana, CANSIAN, Rogério Luis
Food Sci. Technol
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract The sensory, physical-chemical and microbiological characteristics of boneless chicken thighs and drumsticks stored at different temperatures were evaluated. Samples stored at −6 and −12 °C, in natura and cooked, presented changes in sensory characteristics from the sixth and fifth month of storage, respectively. In natura samples kept at −18 °C presented sensory modification from the eighth month, and cooked samples did not show alterations during 12 months of storage. For lipid oxidation, differences were observed between −6 and −12 °C by the third month and between −12 and −18 °C after 12 months of storage. Related to protein oxidation, samples stored at −18 °C did not differ from the standard (0 days), showing values of 6.03 nmol carbonyl/mg protein after 12 months of storage. Samples under freezing at −6 °C for 12 months presented an increase in psychrotrophic count. This behaviour was not observed in the samples stored at −12 and −18 °C. Considering the different analyzes, the maximum storage period was 6 days at 4 °C, 8 months at –6 and –12 °C and at least 12 months storage at –18 °C.
- Evaluation of Oxidative Stability of Compound Oils under Accelerated Storage Conditions
- Milled rice quality evaluation during storage under different temperature conditions.
- Evaluation of the Effects of Storage in Two Different Swab Fabrics and under Three Different Transport Conditions on Recovery of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria
- Application of Full Factorial Design to Evaluate the Effect of Different Variables on the Stability of Biodiesel:Diesel Blends under Storage Conditions
- PHYSIOLOGICAL AND SANITARY QUALITY AND OIL CONTENT OF CASTOR BEAN SEEDS UNDER DIFFERENT STORAGE CONDITIONS?