Evaluation of the physicochemical properties of silicone- and epoxy resin-based root canal sealers
CAMARGO, Rafael Verardino de, SILVA-SOUSA, Yara Terezinha Corrêa, ROSA, Rodrigo Presotto Ferreira da, MAZZI-CHAVES, Jardel Francisco, LOPES, Fabiane Carneiro, STEIER, Liviu, SOUSA-NETO, Manoel Damião
Braz. oral res.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract To assess the physicochemical properties of AH Plus, GuttaFlow 2, GuttaFlow BioSeal, and MM Seal, five samples of each root canal sealer were evaluated to determine their setting time (ST), dimensional change (DC), solubility (SL), flow (FL), and radiopacity (RD) according to American National Standards Institute/American Dental Association (ANSI/ADA) Specification 57. The distilled and deionized water obtained from the SL test were subjected to atomic absorption spectrometry to observe the presence of Ca2+, K+, and Na+ ions. Statistical analysis was performed by using one-way ANOVA and Tukey–Kramer tests (p < 0.05). The following results were obtained: ST (min) (AH Plus 463.6 ± 13.22; GuttaFlow 2 24.35 ± 2.78; GuttaFlow Bioseal 17.4 ± 0.55; MM Seal 47.60 ± 4.39), DC (%) (AH Plus 0.06 ± 0.12; GuttaFlow 2 −26.06 ± 1.24; GuttaFlow Bioseal 2.10 ± 1.47; MM Seal 8.47 ± 2.41), SL (%) (AH Plus 0.41 ± 0.21; GuttaFlow 2 5.13 ± 4.11; GuttaFlow Bioseal 3.03 ± 1.05; MM Seal 0.94 ± 0.17), FL (mm) (AH Plus 36.42 ± 0.40; GuttaFlow 2 36.44 ± 0.05; GuttaFlow Bioseal 35.4 ± 0.03; MM Seal 52.75 ± 0.60), and RD (mmAl) (AH Plus 7.52 ± 1.59; GuttaFlow 2 6.85 ± 0.14; GuttaFlow Bioseal 7.02 ± 0.18; MM Seal 3.32 ± 0.90). ST, DC, SL, FL, and RD showed statistical differences among the root canal sealers (p < 0.05). As AH Plus showed the lowest DC and SL values (p < 0.05), the findings indicate that this sample is the only sealer conforming to ANSI/ADA standards.
- Physicochemical Properties and Bioactive Potential of a New Epoxy Resin-based Root Canal Sealer
- Effect of root canal filling techniques on the bond strength of epoxy resin-based sealers
- Influence of radiopaque fillers on physicochemical properties of a model epoxy resin-based root canal sealer
- Physicochemical Properties and Interfacial Adaptation of Root Canal Sealers
- Evaluation of phenyl-propanedione on yellowing and chemical-mechanical properties of experimental dental resin-based materials