ESTERIFICAÇÃO E TRANSESTERIFICAÇÃO HOMOGÊNEA DE ÓLEOS VEGETAIS CONTENDO ALTO TEOR DE ÁCIDOS GRAXOS LIVRES
Vieira, José Sebastião C., Sousa, Taís L., Rosas, Luzilene S., Lima, Ana L., Ronconi, Célia M., Mota, Cláudio J. A.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The high free fatty acids content in some vegetable oils can have a negative impact in the sustainable production of biodiesel. The previous treatment of these feedstock oils can contribute to the reduction of the process total costs as well as the environment, turning the biodiesel a more competitive in relation to the fossil diesel. The aim of this work was to adequate low cost vegetable oils to the production of biodiesel by homogeneous catalysis. The feedstock was evaluated by its acidity, by its free fatty acids content, by its saponification index and its specific mass. The Biodiesel produced was characterized by high performance liquid chromatography. The results showed significant free fatty acids and humidity content, which are the main factors in the raising of the production costs. The results also showed that the esterification of the vegetable oils reduced its acidity in about 99%. The transesterification of the Brazilian nut oil previously esterified yields about 98% of biodiesel. Even though the biodiesel processing presents an alternative to the energetic self-sufficiency of Brazil, there are many challenges in the adequacy of these high acidity oils and fats for its production.
- Perfil de ácidos graxos e teor de colesterol de mortadela elaborada com óleos vegetais
- Transesterificação de oleos vegetais, catalizada por bases não-ionicas, em fases homogenea e heterogenea
- ESTERIFICAÇÃO E TRANSESTERIFICAÇÃO SIMULTÂNEAS DE ÓLEOS ÁCIDOS UTILIZANDO CARBOXILATOS LAMELARES DE ZINCO COMO CATALISADORES BIFUNCIONAIS
- Titulação potenciométrica aplicada na determinação de ácidos graxos livres de óleos e gorduras comestíveis
- Implantação das metodologias de caracterização e estudo da remoção de acidos graxos livres dos destilados desodorizados de oleos vegetais por meio da destilação molecular