Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Profile of Some Brazilian Postage Stamps
Schwab, Nicolas V., Da-Col, José Augusto, Meyer, Peter, Bueno, Maria I. M. S., Eberlin, Marcos N.
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
An energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) analysis has been performed on Brazilian postage stamps to understand the elementary profile present in the paper, colored and postmarked areas, of stamps printed between 1850 and 1922. The EDXRF technique offered a fast, simple and nondestructive chemical analysis providing a profile of each postage stamp that provide a valuable data, such as information about raw materials employed in manufacturing process. Furthermore, we extend the methodology to detect counterfeit samples, since that some rare samples can cost fortunes, which naturally leads to cases of forgery in philately.
- Energy dispersive x-ray analysis in the study of pneumoconiosis.
- Simple procedure for nutrient analysis of coffee plant with energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (EDXRF)
- In Vitro assessment of dentin erosion after immersion in acidic beverages: surface profile analysis and energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry study
- X-ray Scattering and Chemometrics as Tools to Assist in the Identification of Gunshot Residues by Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry
- Nondestructive determination of allergenic and toxic elements in jewelry: a comparison of benchtop and portable energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometers