Endophytic bacterial diversity in banana 'Prata Anã' (Musa spp.) roots
Souza, Suzane A., Xavier, Adelica A., Costa, Márcia R., Cardoso, Acleide M.S., Pereira, Marlon C.T., Nietsche, Silvia
Genet. Mol. Biol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The genetic diversity of endophytic bacteria in banana 'Prata Anã' roots was characterized. Two hundred and one endophytic bacteria were isolated, 151 of which were classified as Gram-positive and 50 as Gram-negative. No hypersensitivity response was observed in any of the isolates. The rep-PCR technique generated different molecular profiles for each primer set (REP, ERIC and BOX). Fifty readable loci were obtained and all of the fragments were polymorphic. Amplified ribosomal DNA restriction analysis (ARDRA) of the isolates based on cleavage with four restriction enzymes yielded 45 polymorphic bands and no monomorphic bands. PCR amplified the nifH gene in 24 isolates. 16S rDNA sequencing of the 201 bacterial isolates yielded 102 high-quality sequences. Sequence analyses revealed that the isolates were distributed among ten bacterial genera (Agrobacterium, Aneurinibacillus, Bacillus, Enterobacter, Klebsiella, Lysinibacillus, Micrococcus, Paenibacillus, Rhizobium and Sporolactobacillus) and included 15 species. The greatest number of isolates belonged to the genus Bacillus. The bacteria identified in this study may be involved in promoting growth, phosphate solubilization, biological control and nitrogen fixation in bananas.
- Kinetics drying of silver banana (Musa spp.) in hybrid dryer
- Incidência de fungos em pós-colheita de banana 'Prata anã'(Musa AAB)
- Aclimatação de mudas micropropagadas de bananeira (Musa spp.) cv. Grande Naine
- Monitoramento de resíduos de carbofuran no plantio de banana 'prata anã' utilizando diferentes tratamentos químicos.
- Armazenamento refrigerado de banana 'Prata Anã' proveniente de cachos com 16, 18 e 20 semanas