Emendas ao orçamento e conexão eleitoral na Câmara dos Deputados / Amendments on budget and electoral connection in brazilian chamber of deputies
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This thesis considers the electoral connection in Brazil. Its main goal is to evaluate the impact of the individual budget amendments proposed by federal deputies on their chances of reelection. These amendments are traditionally associated to the maintenance of an archaic structure of relationship between politicians and their electorate, based on distributivist politics that seek to deliver concentrated benefits to the particular constituency of each deputy (pork barrel). This research analyzes the implementation of individual amendments during the 50ª, 51ª and 52ª legislatures, as well as the performance of the deputies that ran for the subsequent elections of 1998, 2002 and 2006. The conclusions of this thesis reveal that the implementation of individual budget amendments does not produce the expected positive electoral return. Moreover, the research did not identify any clear pattern for the allocation of the budget amendments, which strengthens the hypothesis that there are multiple strategies for the allocation of these amendments and that they vary according to the ambitions of each member of the parliament.
- CONEXÃO ELEITORAL EM UM SISTEMA PROPORCIONAL DE LISTA ABERTA: DISTRITOS INFORMAIS E EMENDAS AO ORÇAMENTO NO RIO DE JANEIRO
- Política institucional ou pública?: uma reflexão sobre a mídia legislativa da Câmara dos Deputados
- A influência da dinâmica eleitoral sobre o comportamento dos partidos na Câmara dos Deputados e no Senado Federal
- Conexão eleitoral e reeleição entre deputados federais do sul do Brasil
- Partidos e migração partidária na câmara dos deputados