Elaboration and characterization of Japanese Raisin Tree (Hovenia dulcis Thumb.) pseudofruits fermented alcoholic beverage
PINTO, Juliana Tensol, ALVARENGA, Luana Farah, OLIVEIRA, Diego Pinto de, OLIVEIRA, Tânia Toledo de, SCHWAN, Rosane Freitas, DIAS, Disney Ribeiro, QUEIROZ, José Humberto de
Food Sci. Technol
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Hovenia dulcis pseudofruits have underexplored properties for food purposes, despite their pleasant sensory characteristics and therapeutic benefits. The aim of this study was the elaboration and chemical characterization of the alcoholic fermented beverage of H. dulcis, using selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (CCMA 0200). The resulting fermented beverage presented high content of phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity when compared to other fruits and beverages (DPPH and ABTS assay). The alcohol content was 12.9 oGL and total sugars 3.57g/L. By the GC-MS analysis, 39 compounds were identified including metabolites with therapeutic potential such as eugenol, trans-farnesol salicylates. The flavonoid dihidromyricetin was identified and quantified (75.17 mg/L) by HPLC-DAD and UPLC-MS/MS. The results reinforce the interest on nutraceutical and functional properties of this beverage and opens perspectives for new studies that value this underexplored pseudofruit.
- Ecologia, silvicultura e usos da Uva-do-japão (Hovenia dulcis Thunberg).
- Effects of a Diet Supplemented with Japanese Grape (Hovenia dulcis) Seed Oil on the Omega-3 and Nutritional Lipid Quality in Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)
- Substratos e temperaturas para a germinação de sementes de uva-do-japao (Hovenia dulcis).
- Conservação de sementes de uva-do-japão (Hovenia dulcis Thunberg): relação entre a viabilidade e a coloração.
- Influência de parâmetros de processo na obtenção de bebida fermento-destilada de uva-japão (Hovenia dulcis Thunberg)