Efficient Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activities of Long Alkyl Chain Trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-(thio)carboxamides and Trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl-thiazoles
Mello, Debora L. de; Malavolta, Juliana L.; Santos, Roberto C. V.; Lopes, Leonardo Q. S.; Moura, Sidnei; Flores, Darlene C.; Flores, Alex F. C.
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The synthesis of 3-alkyl-5-trifluoromethyl-1H- pyrazole-1-carboxamides, 3-alkyl-5-trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazole-1-thiocarboxamides, and 2-(3-alkyl-5-trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-thiazoles derivatives are reported. [3 + 2] cyclocondensations for a series of long alkyl chain 1,1,1-trifluoro-4-methoxyalk-3-en-2-ones and semicarbazide or thiosemicarbazide were carried out in ethanol, an eco-friendly medium. The series of trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl-thiocarboxamide following a [3 + 2] cyclocondensation with 2-bromoacetophenone were converted into two series of 2-(3-alkyl-5-trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-thiazoles. Good yields (69-96%) of the isolated products were obtained. The structures of the new long alkyl chain 1H-pyrazoles and 2-(1H-pyrazol-1-yl)thiazoles were characterized using 1H, 13C, and 19F nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometric (ESI MS/MS) data. Moreover, some of the products were evaluated for their antimicrobial activity against Gram-negative Escherichia coli American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) 35218, Salmonella enteritidis ATCC 13076, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 15692; and Gram-positive Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538, methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA clinical isolate), Streptococcus sp. (clinical isolate), and Candida albicans ATCC 14053 and Candida krusei ATCC 6258 fungi. All the tested 1H-pyrazoles exhibited antibacterial and antifungal activities at the tested concentrations. The compounds from series 4 were found to be powerful against MRSA.
- Synthesis, Structure Elucidation, Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Novel 2-(5-Trifluoromethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-5-(5-trihalomethyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl-1- carbonyl)pyridines
- Efficient synthesis of new biheterocyclic 5-[(5-Trifluoromethyl-5-hydroxy-4,5-dihydro-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-1-propan-1-one-3-yl]-2-methyl-7-trifluoromethylpyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidines
- Straightforward and Clean Ultrasound-Promoted Synthesis of 2-(4,5-Dihydro‑1H‑pyrazol-1-yl)pyrimidines
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of 2-(4,5-dihydro-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)-pyrimidine and 1-carboxamidino-1H-pyrazole derivatives
- 3-[1-(4-Sulfamoylphenyl)-5-p-tolyl-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]propanoic acid and 3-[5-(4-bromophenyl)-1-(4-sulfamoylphenyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]propanoic acid–dichloromethane–diethyl ether–water (2/0.72/1/1)