Efficient Low-Complexity Optimized Channel Estimating Methods for OFDM-Based Low-Voltage Broadband Power Line Communication Systems
Akpari, Evans Wilson; Nunoo, Solomon; Deynu, Faith Kwaku; Apprey, Michael Wellington
Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Broadband Power Line Communication (BB-PLC) technology enables data transmission for smart grid applications. Nevertheless, channel equalizers are required in the receiver to estimate and compensate for the nonlinear time-variant impulse response and noise interference effects introduced by the BB-PLC channel. In this paper, we append the Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm and its proposed improved version to the commonly used Least-Square (LS) and Linear Minimum Mean Square Error (LMMSE) algorithms to advance four new blocktype pilot-aided hybrid channel estimation algorithms for low-voltage Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)-based BB-PLC systems. Extensive numerical simulation results for four different M-QAM formats (M = 8, 16, 32, 64) show that the proposed algorithms significantly improve the performance of the traditional LS and LMMSE estimators, at least for the parameters of the BB-PLC system studied in this work. In addition, the computational load complexity of the PSO-inspired LMMSE algorithm is lower compared to the conventional LMMSE estimator.
- Low-Overhead Low-Complexity Carrier Phase Recovery Technique for Coherent Multi-Band OFDM-Based Superchannel Systems Enabled by Optical Frequency Combs
- Low-Complexity Regions in Plasmodium falciparum Proteins
- σ-π molecular dielectric multilayers for low-voltage organic thin-film transistors
- Lambert-Eaton sera reduce low-voltage and high-voltage activated Ca2+ currents in murine dorsal root ganglion neurons.
- Design of low-voltage CMOS class-AB operational amplifiers