Effects of Yucca Extract on Feed Efficiency, Immune and Antioxidative Functions in Broilers
Su, Jun-Ling, Shi, Bin-Lin, Zhang, Peng-Fei, Sun, Deng-Sheng, Li, Ti-Yu, Yan, Su-Mei
Braz. arch. biol. technol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Effects of yucca extract (YE) on feed efficiency, immune and antioxidative function in Arbor Acres broilers were studied. One hundred and twenty-eight fourteen-day-old broiler chickens were randomly divided into four treatments with four replicates of 8 birds each. These four diets were formulated by adding 0, 100, 200 and 300 mg/kg YE to the basal diet. The results showed that: diets supplemented with 100 and 200 mg/kg YE increased average body weight gain, feed efficiency, IgG, IgM, T-AOC, CAT and SOD levels, and have positive effects on inducing immune organs' maturation. In addition, 100 mg treatment mainly improved the feed efficiency whereas 200 mg treatment mainly acted on immunity and anti-oxidation. In conclusion, YE can be used as a feed additive due to its capability to improve feed efficiency, immune and antioxidative function in broilers.
- Subtherapeutic levels of antibiotics in poultry feeds and their effects on weight gain, feed efficiency, and bacterial cholyltaurine hydrolase activity.
- Climatic Variation: Effects on Stress Levels, Feed Intake, and Bodyweight of Broilers
- Preliminary studies of alternative feed additives for broilers: Alternanthera brasiliana extract, propolis extract and linseed oil
- Effects of Glycyrrhizic Acid on Productive and Immune Parameters of Broilers
- Environmental Effects on Photosynthesis, Nitrogen-Use Efficiency, and Metabolite Pools in Leaves of Sun and Shade Plants 1