Effects of gamma radiation on the stability and degradation kinetics of phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity during storage of (Oryza sativa L.) black rice flour
Ito, Vivian Cristina
Braz. arch. biol. technol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract The effects of gamma radiation (0, 1, 2 and 3 kGy) were used to evaluate the stability and thermal degradation kinetics of anthocyanins, as well as the stability of total phenolic compounds (TPC) and antioxidant activity at different temperatures (4, 25, 35 and 45 °C) during the storage (0, 30, 60, 90 and 120 days) of black rice flour. This flour can be used as ingredient for gluten-free cereal products with higher nutritional value. For this it is necessary to preserve the anthocyanin content during thermal processing and shelf-life periods. At time 0, the dose of 3 kGy provided all of the most available bioactive compounds, raising their antioxidant potential, except for TPC. During the storage at different temperatures up to 120 days, gradual losses occurred in all the analysed parameters. Regarding the total anthocyanin content and TPC, the sample irradiated with a 1 kGy dose remained most stable. The analysis of kinetic data indicated a first-order reaction for the degradation of anthocyanins. The combination of irradiation with different temperatures may improve the shelf-life of black rice flour.
- CRESCIMENTO E DESENVOLVIMENTO DE GENÓTIPOS DE ARROZ (Oryza sativa L.) E DE BIÓTIPOS DE ARROZ VERMELHO (Oryza sativa L.).
- Rice genetic resources (Oryza sativa L.) in southern Brazil.
- Adubação e biofortificação: caraterização química e física do arroz (Oryza sativa L.)
- Evaluation of genetic resources for hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.) production
- Partial diallel analysis of agronomic characters in rice (Oryza sativa L.)