Effect of combination therapy with ciprofloxacin and clarithromycin on theophylline pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers.
Gillum, J G
Five adults completed this four-way randomized crossover study to compare the effects of oral treatment with ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, and a combination of the two drugs on theophylline pharmacokinetics. The area under the concentration-time curve for theophylline during combination therapy was not different from that for ciprofloxacin alone. Beta error may explain this finding, but any real effect from combination treatment appears to be clinically unimportant.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=163401
- Effect of Terbinafine on Theophylline Pharmacokinetics in Healthy Volunteers
- Crossover assessment of serum bactericidal activity and pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin alone and in combination in healthy elderly volunteers.
- Effect of sucralfate on pharmacokinetics of fleroxacin in healthy volunteers.
- Pharmacokinetics and serum bactericidal activity of vancomycin alone and in combination with ceftazidime in healthy volunteers.
- Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of ofloxacin in healthy volunteers.