Efeitos da posição da carcaça durante o resfriamento na qualidade da carne bovina / Effects of the position of the carcass during the chilling period in the quality of beef
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Ten Nellore steer carcasses, with average age of 36 months were slaughtered at the meats lab of FZEA USP and alternate right or left sides were placed in the cooler hung either by the Achilles tendon (TA) or horizontally placed over pallets, outside facing up (HO). Carcass were chilled for 48 hours at 0 2ºC. After the chilling period, loin eye area (LEA) and fat thickness (FT) were measured. One inch thick samples from each of the following muscles were removed, loin, tenderloin, eye round, knuckle and chuck tender and after 5 days in the cooler were frozen for future analysis. There was not a statistical difference for LEA and FT between treatments. After thawing the samples were analyzed for shear force through the Warner Bratzler device and there was not statistical difference for the tenderloin, eye round and chuck tender muscles between treatments. The shear force of the knuckle (5.13 Kg) was lower (p=0.029) for the HO treatment than for the TA (6,24 Kg). The loin also had a shear force of 6,4 Kg statistically lower (p=0.007) for the HO treatment when compared to 7.7 Kg for the TA treatment. The loin and knuckle of the carcasses cooled horizontally were more tender. Further studies evaluating MFI and sarcomere length must be done.
- Influence of the bovine genetics in the susceptibility to the stress during the handling and its effects in the quality of the meat.
- Qualidade na Cadeia da Carne Bovina: o Caso da Carne Orgânica
- Características de carcaça e qualidade de carne de bovinos superprecoces de três grupos genéticos
- Análise da qualidade de carne bovina por ressonância magnética nuclear em baixa resolução
- Efeito da desossa a quente e da temperatura de condicionamento na qualidade microbiologica da carne bovina embalada a vacuo.